O F F T H E M E N U
Red Wine Board
• Parmigiano reggiano
• Summer salami
• Red grapes
• Blood orange
• Rice crisps
• Artisan crackers
• Pomegranate seeds
• Rosemary and mint leaves for garnish
• Cabernet Sauvignon (pair with gouda)
• Primitivo (pair with parmigiano reggiano)
1. Grab a small size board.
2. Thoroughly wash all fruits.
3. Place grapes anywhere along the edge.
4. Cut the blood orange into slices and place on the
opposite side from the grapes.
5. Place one cheese in a corner and the other cheese on
the opposite side.
6. Begin the salami rose, the focal point of the board.
7. Take six to seven slices of salami. Fold all slices in half.
Roll the first salami slice as tightly as possible, this
will be the middle of the rose. Continue by wrapping
the folded salami around the roll until satisfied with
8. Take the artisan and rice crackers and form the letter
“S” beside the salami rose.
9. Place prosciutto in blank spots beside the cheeses.
10. Fill remainder of the board with the pomegranate
seeds and blackberries.
11. Finish off with rosemary and mint leaves to garnish
and make the board POP.
Typically, a board like this can satisfy two to three people.
Pro tip: Red wines are perfect pairings with parmigiano
reggiano and gouda; specifically Cabernet Sauvignon with
parmigiano and Primivito with gouda. Each wine brings out
the richness in the cheeses and enhances the smoky flavour
in the salami and prosciutto.
Photo courtesy of be.grazeful
FALL 2020 § POURED CANADA § 51